Tuesday, November 25, 2008

COURAGE OR SILLINESS????

As we all know, courage is the ability to confront danger, fear, risk or difficult situations. On the other hand, silliness is when we act on a stupid way. In this case it is when someone reacts or respond in a very stupid way because of something that has happened. I will show you why and at the end, you decide if it is COURAGE or SILLINESS.

This really happened to my grand mother, Juanita...

One day she was walking to the supermarket to buy some food. When she arrived to the market, she realized that there was a guy on a motorcycle near of her. The guy made a kind of signal so she thought that he was lost and needed help. She went where the guy was standing and she asked him if he needed help. The guy was a thief!! He put his hand under his shirt trying to show like if he had a gun. He told my grand mother “Give me your purse and your neckless” but she answered “I’m not going to give you anything” and he told her “give it to me now or I’ll kill you” I don’t know why she started yelling “HELP, HELP!” and she told him “shoot me if you want! Shoot me if you have balls! Shoot if you are a real man!” The people who were near started looking at her. The thief noticed that many people were staring at him so he grabbed his motorcycle and ran away... And my grand mother kept her purse and her neckless.

I don’t know if she showed courage or not, but in my opinion it was the craziest thing in the world because the thief could have shot her if he had had a real gun.

No comments: